Prospective and New Property Owner Information
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I get a closing letter or payoff amount?
What are the monthly fees?
House $180 per month, Lot $106 per month: billed on the 2nd of every month.
What does fee include?
The fee includes gated security 24 hours a day, maintenance of all the common properties and more than 75 miles of roadways, 2 pools, tennis courts, nature trails, the lakes, and Great Festival Park with picnic pavilion, playground, basketball court, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, and batting cage. There are boat slips available for lease, and a boat rental concession is located on site at the marina. Golf membership is available on a membership or daily basis. The Highlands Grille in the new clubhouse has both inside and patio dining.
• Approved Real Estate signs only are permitted on property.
• Propane tanks must be buried or fenced within design guidelines.
• No boat, trailer or motor home is permitted to be stored on a lot. Rental space is available on property in a dry storage facility.
• All exterior changes to a lot must be authorized by an Exterior Work Permit , see Property Owner tab for appropriate form.
• A copy of the complete master covenants is available under club documents at the property owners tab.
The State of Georgia has regulations to protect our lakes and greenspaces. Any work from the high water mark back into the property for a distance of 25 feet carries restrictions. Please contact the Director of Property Management for a complete list of permitted and non-permitted activities.
• All boats must be less than 26 feet in length, Class A or 1 size category, as defined by Georgia Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Division regulations.
• Members shall be limited to the use on Lake Arrowhead of four-stroke gasoline marine engines or direct injection two-stroke marine engines, including but not limited to, Evinrude E-Tec, Mercury Optimax, Yamaha HPDI or equivalent emission rated direct injection two-stroke marine engines; either of which must be EPA rated 2 star.
• Houseboats and other “living type” boats will not be allowed on any Community lakes.
• No new wake board boats will be permitted as of March 01, 2010. Inflatable boats, canoes, and kayaks may be used but must be registered. Jet Skis, Wave runners, or other motorized personal watercraft are prohibited on the Lakes.
I just bought property in Lake Arrowhead. What do I do now?
How do I pay my bill?
Mail to 486 Arrowridge, Waleska, GA 30183, drop off a check at the black mailbox at the exit side of the security gates, pay in the Membership Office, or use our E-Z pay credit card system. You will receive information about payment methods during your membership orientation.
Where is the Membership Office?
We are located in the new Highlands Clubhouse, upstairs over the Pro Shop.
Where do I get a property owner ID card?
In the Membership Office, upstairs at the Highlands Clubhouse.
I can’t walk up the stairs, now what?
If you find the flight of stairs challenging, please ask for assistance in the Pro Shop and we will be glad to come down to help.
How do I get property owner decals for my cars?
After receiving an ID card you will drive each car you wish to register to either Security Gate; bring proof of vehicle registration.
Who do I contact for utilities and services?
Propane: All tanks must be buried in Phase II of the development. Tanks in Phase I must be screened if not buried. Buried tanks are owned by the property owner, thus allowing more flexibility to shop for competitive rates of fuel on a regular basis. Above ground tanks are owned by the propane provider.
Lake Arrowhead Property Owners have consortium pricing with a propane vendor. Please contact Blossman Gas if you wish to join their pricing group. Owners are not required to select this provider.
Blossman Gas 1990 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy Cartersville, GA 30121 770-386-6268
Electricity Amicalola EMC 706-253-5200
Water Lake Arrowhead Utility Company 770-345-5411 (not a part of LAYCC)
• Comcast 404-266-2278
• Windstream 800-501-1776
Garbage Garbage service is provided by independent contractors.
Listed below are some providers in the area, but in no way does this list infer recommendations.
• Santek Waste Services 770.926.6764
• North Metro Sanitation 770-962-6764
How do I get friends and relatives in the gate?
During the membership orientation you will be given information about setting up passes for friends and relatives.
How do I get mail?
Please stop in at the U.S. Post Office in Waleska to set up your account and receive a box assignment and key.
What boats do I have to register?
All boats (motorized or non-motorized) and trailers must be registered each year and display a current registration decal.
Where do I go to register my boats?
Register your boats at the South Gate or the Membership Office. You must complete a boat registration form and provide a copy of proof of insurance in your name for the boats.